Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walk Softly, Carry a Big Stick.

God chose Moses, a runaway fugitive who once had authority to drive men to obey him, but who found himself with his royal status lost to become a sheep herder whose only symbol of authority was a wooden staff. God showed Moses that he was stronger and more enabling than what the world could ever offer. He told Moses to throw down the rod and it became a serpent, and then to pick it up again. He told him to lift up the rod and stretch it high and it parted the Red Sea. I may walk softly, but I carry a big stick, I may not be as eloquent as some, or have the social status of the mighty, but I know WHOSE I AM AND WHOM I SERVE. I may not have the authority of the princes and kings and rulers of this natural world, but GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment